Dos Coyotes Poster Contest and fan voting sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Contest open to California residents in two divisions: high school students (grades 9-12) and individuals 18 years of age or older (and not in high school). Contest is sponsored by Dos Coyotes (“Sponsor”). Facebook is not affiliated with the Dos Coyotes Poster Contest or Fan Voting Sweepstakes and does not endorse it in any way.
- ELIGIBILTY: Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, and their immediate family members and those living in their household, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER — POSTER CONTEST: You may submit multiple entries for the poster contest. Entry period begins at 11:00 a.m., Friday, March 15, 2013 and ends at 9:00 p.m., Saturday, June 1, 2013. (“Poster Contest Period”). To enter, create a Dos Coyotes promotional poster that meets Poster Entry Requirements (see section 5) and completely fill out the Poster Contest entry form (name, division, address, city/state/ZIP Code, phone number, email address, poster title, brief description of poster, signature or signature of parent/guardian if under 18, and date of submission).Posters and accompanying entry forms must be dropped off at a participating Dos Coyotes location (North Davis, Market Square Sacramento, Roseville, South Davis, Folsom, Elk Grove, East Sacramento) during the Poster Contest Period. All entries will become property of Dos Coyotes and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries may be posted on Dos Coyotes’ website, Facebook page and/or used for promotional purposes including but not limited to use as napkin art, menu art, T-Shirt designs, in-store displays, etc. All contestants submitting an entry hereby agree and consent, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the perpetual and unrestricted use of their name and/or likeness and their poster in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Dos Coyotes.
- HOW TO ENTER — FAN VOTING SWEEPSTAKES: You may vote for multiple entries in each division (high school and adult) but will only be entered into the Fan Voting Sweepstakes one time. Entry period begins at 11:00 a.m., Friday, June 7, 2013 and ends at 9:00 p.m., Friday, June 21, 2013. (“Fan Voting Period”). To enter, visit (facebook.com/mydoscoyotes) and fill out the entry form on that page and vote for your favorite poster. An eligible entry is one entered before the end of the Fan Voting Period with all entry fields completed, including name, email address, birthday, favorite Dos Coyotes location and ZIP Code. If entrant checks the box requesting to receive Dos Coyotes email, he/she will be added to Dos Coyotes’ email list. Information received in this manner will not be traded, given or sold to any other company or organization. To enter the Fan Voting Sweepstakes without liking Dos Coyotes’ Facebook page, send your name, email address, Dos Coyotes location you visit most often, ZIP Code and name of your favorite poster (posted on the Dos Coyotes Facebook page) to: Coyote Corporate Attention: Dos Coyotes Poster Contest Entry, 1784 Picasso Avenue, Suite B Davis, CA 95616
- POSTER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS — Posters must be submitted on 2 foot x 3 foot paper (provided at participating Dos Coyotes locations or entrant can use their own paper). Poster must include Dos Coyotes (name and/or logo) and may include a tagline.
- JUDGING OF SUBMISSIONS — BEST OF SHOW — A Contest Selection Committee comprised of staff from Sponsor, professional artists and/or community members will review all entries received during the entry period. Received entries will be judged for creativity, artistic merit and how well they embody the Dos Coyotes brand. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion not to be appropriate for viewing by the general public. Contestant represents and warrants that he or she has full ownership rights to the entry submitted to Sponsor and that publishing of that entry shall not be in violation of any trademark, copyright, proprietary or other right of any person, firm or corporation. The Contest Selection Committee will select 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the “Best of Show” category and a number of entries that will be used in the “Fan Favorite” Category. This process will be conducted for both the High School and Adult Poster Contest Divisions.
- JUDGING OF SUBMISSIONS — FAN FAVORITE — The entries chosen by the Contest Selection Committee to compete in the “Fan Favorite” voting will each be posted on Dos Coyotes’ Facebook page from approximately 11:00 a.m., Friday, June 7, 2013 to 9:00 p.m., Friday, June 21, 2013. People who “like” Dos Coyotes’ Facebook page will be eligible to vote for their favorite poster during this period (alternate votes for individuals who do not wish to create a Facebook account will be allowed following the procedure described in section 4. First, 2nd and 3rd place “Fan Favorite” prizes will be awarded based on the total number of votes each poster receives. Only one vote per Facebook account is allowed.
- SELECTION OF WINNER — FAN VOTING: On or about Sunday, June 30, 2013, five (5) entrants who voted for their favorite poster on the Dos Coyotes Facebook page will be selected as the Winners of the Fan Voting Sweepstakes.
- CONTACTING WINNERS AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: First, 2nd and 3rd place winners in the high school and adult divisions for both the Best of Show and Fan Favorite categories and winners of the Fan Voting Sweepstakes (“Winners”) will be contacted on or around Sunday, June 30, 2013, by email. Winners will be required to respond (as directed) in the e-mail to redeem their prize. Failure to respond in the required fashion may result in forfeiture of the prize won and, in such cases, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Winners may be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release. Unless restricted by law, Winners will be required to complete and return the publicity release within the time period specified therein. Prizes may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Winner: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all necessary signatures on the publicity release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES: Winners within each division (high school and adult) will receive:
- “Best of Show” — 1st place: $500 Dos Coyotes gift card and a Dos Coyotes. 2nd place: $250 Dos 3rd place: $100 Dos Coyotes gift card
- “Fan Favorite” — 1st place: $100 Dos Coyotes gift card. 2nd place: $75 Dos Coyotes gift card. 3rd place: $50 Dos Coyotes gift card.
- “Fan Voting” — Five Winners will each receive a $25 Dos Coyotes gift card.
- The high school art department of the Best of Show winner in the high school division will receive $500 for art supplies.
Entrants can win both Fan Favorite and Best of Show.
- CONDITIONS: Dos Coyotes Poster Contest and Fan Voting Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; (ii) to waive any rights pertaining to participating in the contest, and (iii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, together with its respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest or Sweepstakes, (collectively, the Releasees) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prizes. Sponsor reserve the right to use the Contest or Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of Winners or Selected Entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Winners. This Contest and Sweepstakes is void outside of California, and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state provincial and local laws. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest and Sweepstakes; (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest and Sweepstakes, or (vi) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize, or resulting from acceptance, participation in or use of the prize or from participation in the Contest and Sweepstakes. The Dos Coyotes Poster Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entry information is provided to Dos Coyotes, not Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any liability associated with this Contest or Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest and Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest or Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or Sweepstakes or winning any prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest and Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules, or a copy of the winners’ names, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Coyote Corporate, Attn. DOS COYOTES POSTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST, 1784 Picasso Avenue, Suite B, Davis, CA 95616.
- All Entry information collected in connection with this Contest and Sweepstakes shall be accessible by Dos Coyotes. Such information may be used by Dos Coyotes to contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. By participating in this Contest or Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby consents to such use.